Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I, New

So, as I mentioned last week, my old computer finally died on me so I had to get a new one. The new one was supposed to be delivered this week, at any time between Monday and today, but they delivered it much earlier - last Friday! :D However, I was out for work and was so busy until I had to leave for the beach on the wee hours of Sunday morning, so I only managed to unpack it last Saturday morning in between cleaning up my room and packing for the trip. 

Bye bye, old computer. I will always cherish our memories of Neverwinter Nights 2, Oblivion, swooning over Gavin Rossdale, and being my reliable partner in my home-based, freelance jobs!

I set aside the old computer for now and just have its contents extracted later on, then I will include it for the e-waste recycling program

I opened the delivery box and just had to peek at the iMac box inside before leaving for work again :3

So I came home from work Friday afternoon before my tutorial job for that day, and found the delivery box in my room, but I had to take care of other things so I had to let it sit for a while. After my student left, I opened the delivery box to take a peek inside, before having to leave again after dinner to do a bit more work. 

Oh look. Someone is excited. 

On Saturday morning I was supposed to take care of other things but I couldn't wait anymore and did not want to see my computer desk empty any longer (I was without a computer for over a week). So I took the box out of the..... box XD It all felt like opening a gift XD

The keyboard and mouse box

I picked the regular keyboard and mouse instead of the wireless ones so that I can just plug and use them, and not have to spend for batteries and their charger. Besides, I prefer the keyboard with the numerical keys. 

Oh hello new beautiful thing.

This purchase was also quite unplanned so I wanted to spend as little as possible. The shipping was free so I also did not have to go out anymore and buy from the store and then bring it home. So I just picked the most affordable one and did not purchase any extra items anymore.

I didn't know that an iMac had baby dinosaur feet.

And so I just continued with doing everything else in my To Do list and my packing after I had taken out and set up the new computer (^_^) By then my computer desk was no longer empty and I was playing music again and have turned the computer into Completely Mine (^_^)

I change my wallpaper almost everyday and this time it's Brilliant Green :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...