Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy New Flowers

Really, the start of this year's second half - it feels like some kind of Odd New Year

Anyway, I decided to turn some Camomile Asters, Blackeyed Susans, Lilies of the Valley, and Bridal Veils into more interesting sorts of flowers. It is my first illustration for the month, so apt for welcoming this New Year with new kinds of flowers. 

Who knows maybe when we aren't looking some flowers Turn Up in a Different Way

And what a coincidence I realize I am wearing a new shirt *curtsies* 

And then just as an afterthought, as I put away my art materials after drawing the new flowers above, I decided to pour this one below right out of my mind and onto the back of a used watercolor paper.

Please don't ask me where that came from I wasn't really hungry, promise. 

In any case this New Year is kind of making me feel awesome, and I have been learning really important lessons recently about not relying on certain others and using whatever is within my means and embracing this natural oddness in me and that maybe there is something to how my elders kept and maintained their money and resources in their old-fashioned, quaint ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...